Awards and Scholarships
Scholarships for Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors. Awards for graduating seniors and lower division students.
- Past winners
of Math/CS Department
Current Sophomores and Juniors must apply to be eligible for the Boeing and Costigan Scholarships. The Boeing application is generally due in September or October, and the Costigan application is generally due in early March. Check back to this page for details as the deadlines approach.
Prizes for Graduating Students
- Collins Award
The College of Arts and Sciences annually presents the James D. Collins Awards for Excellence in Student Academic Achievement to recognize scholarship and creative achievements among undergraduate students. One student is chosen by faculty in each department of the college.
- Academic Excellence Award
- Academic excellence awards are give to the most outstanding graduating seniors in computer science, as selected by the faculty members of the department.
- Computer Science Senior Capstone Award
- Given each year for the most outstanding Capstone Project in Computer Science.
Scholarships for Continuing Students
- Boeing BOLD Scholarships
- A grant from Boeing provides 10 scholarships for students meeting the following criteria:
For more information, please see the BOLD scholarships page.
- Sophomore, junior, or senior status (at least 1 remaining year) with GPA of 3.2 or above
- Majoring in computer science or mathematics
- Minoring or pursuing a second major in math, computer science, business, or engineering
- The Boeing BOLD Scholarships.
- Early Fall semester
- Costigan Scholarship
- The James G. Costigan endowed scholarship was established in 2005 to support students with demonstrated financial need who are majoring in computer science or mathematics. This competitive scholarship is typically awarded to students who will become juniors the following year, and is renewable for a student's senior year, presuming continued academic success.
- Costigan Scholarships.
- Middle of Spring Semester
- pdf, doc
Awards for Lower Division Students
The Computer Science Award
- For outstanding performance in an introductory computer science class.