Note: We are re-deploying new computing systems in summer of 2018, and so the rest of this webpage is under development (as are the systems).
Overview of Systems
- Classroom in Ritter 115, lab for student use in Ritter 117, card access to building and 117.
- Remote access to server hopper.slu.edu, described below
- our home directory is consistent across machines/logins
- How to get an account
- Passwords, initial, expiration, requirements for valid passwords, and how to reset via local machines, ssh, NX?
Appropriate Use Policy
Our department hires experiences students to hold drop-in tutoring hours in Ritter 117, both to assist students in introductory classes and to provide students with assistance to use of their accounts and our computing systems. For further details, see the current schedule of hours.
- Guide to default desktop, application menu (commonly used: IDLE, Python, Terminal, MATLAB)