The James G. Costigan endowed scholarship was established in 2005 to support students with demonstrated financial need* who are majoring in computer science or mathematics. This competitive scholarship is typically awarded to students who will become juniors the following year, and is renewable for a student’s senior year, presuming continued academic success. The award amount has not yet been determined for last year, but for AY17-18, scholars received $4000.
This year, applications must be completed online by Monday, March 26, 2018. To apply for the scholarship:
- Log in to your MySLU account
- Click on the Tools Tab
- Click on the Scholarship Suite icon
- Complete the general application questions upon entering the site (remember to hit Finish & Submit)
- Click on the James G. Costigan Scholarship to apply
The Costigan Scholarship option should show up automatically on your dashboard based on your indication of your major from the general questionnaire, but if not you might be able to use this direct link once you are logged in.
* Note: Typically to demonstrate financial need, applicants must have completed a recent year FAFSA form (fafsa.ed.gov) and authorized SLU to have access (school code 002506)
Please be sure to monitor your application to ensure completion of required items before the due date listed. You will be notified by email if you are selected as a recipient.